MAP] [CONTACT US]
Food Truck Pilot Scheme
|[ Food Truck Pilot Scheme ]
Food truck is a new initiative announced by the Financial Secretary in the 2015-16 Budget. The Tourism Commission under the Commerce and Economic Development Bureau is responsible for coordinating the implementation of the Food Truck Pilot Scheme and related matters.
The Pilot Scheme
The Food Truck Pilot Scheme is a tourism initiative which aims to enhance the appeal of our tourist attractions and provide diverse, creative and high quality food offers to tourists and the public, as well as showcasing the good standard of food hygiene and safety in Hong Kong. We hope that the Pilot Scheme will bring more specialty gourmet food to Hong Kong. It is intended to complement the existing food landscape, rather than to drive consumers away from existing restaurants. The Pilot Scheme will last for 2 years.
Since the launch of the Pilot Scheme in February 2017, we have been exploring the suitability of different operating locations and operation modes and examining whether food truck is commercially viable. Timely refinement to the Pilot Scheme has been arranged. Since end May 2017, we have rolled out a series of refinement measures including:
- introducing new operating venues (including AsiaWorld-Expo, Science Park, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and Hong Kong Science Museum);
- implementing day/night shift operating mode;
- turning all the 8 designated operating venues into optional venues (including Energizing Kowloon East Venue 1, Wong Tai Sin Square, Central Harbourfront Event Space, Ocean Park, Tsim Sha Tsui Art Square, Salisbury Garden, Hong Kong Disneyland and Golden Bauhinia Square);
- allowing operators to identify operating venues; and
- allowing operators to apply and participate in self-identified events.
Please refer to the press release for details.
The Tourism Commission will review the Pilot Scheme duly and maintain flexibility for further refinement.
[What's New] [About Us] [Tourism Strategy Group] [Major Tourism Projects] [Tourism Statistics] [Papers & Reports] [Visitor Information] [TV Announcements] [Photo Gallery] [Other Information] [Links] [Contact Us] [Tell a Friend]
world city Hong Kong]
Last revision date: 18 April 2018