spacer image
Spacer image
spacer image
Completed

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort (HKDL) has officially been in operation since September 2005.  HKDL is one of the important tourism infrastructures in Hong Kong, playing a major role in promoting our tourism development.

Hong Kong Disneyland ResortHong Kong Disneyland Resort
HKDL is developed and operated by Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is the joint venture between Hong Kong SAR Government and The Walt Disney Company (TWDC).  Hong Kong SAR Government currently holds 53% of the joint venture's shares, while TWDC holds the remaining 47%.

Since its commencement of operation, HKDL has made sustained efforts in launching new attractions and offerings to enhance its attractiveness and competitiveness.  At present, HKDL consists of seven themed areas, namely Main Street U.S.A., Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Adventureland, Toy Story Land, Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Point, offering themed attractions, entertainment shows, interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands, as well as daily parades and night time entertainment experiences.  Also, there are three themed hotels at HKDL, namely Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney’s Hollywood Hotel and Disney Explorers Lodge, providing a total of 1 750 guest rooms.

Toy Story Land   Meet with the Marvel Superhero – Iron Man
Toy Story Land   Meet with the Marvel Superhero – Iron Man

Moreover, HKDL has been implementing its expansion and development plan since 2017, rolling out a series of new attractions progressively in 2018 and subsequent years, including "Moana: A Homecoming Celebration" stage show in May 2018 and "Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle!" ride in March 2019.  Other new attractions coming on stream in the next few years include the expanded castle with entirely new daytime and night time shows, as well as two new themed areas based on "Frozen" and "Marvel".  The progressive launch of various new items under the expansion and development plan is expected to be conducive to attracting more guests to visit HKDL.

Moana: A Homecoming Celebration!   Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle!
Moana: A Homecoming Celebration!   Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle!

Please visit HKDL's website for more information.

Back to Current Projects Index